General Information on Using GlycoLax
Some considerations to keep in mind while taking GlycoLax
include the following:
- This medication comes as a powder. It is dissolved in four to eight ounces of liquid and swallowed by mouth, usually once a day.
- GlycoLax powder can be mixed with any cold, hot, or room-temperature beverage, such as water, juice, coffee, or tea.
- Follow the directions on your individual GlycoLax product to determine how much powder to use. After adding the powder to a beverage, stir well until it completely dissolves.
- You can use this medication any time of day, in the morning or evening.
- It may take up to four days after you start using GlycoLax to have a bowel movement. Do not take more than the standard dosage if you do not have a bowel movement right away.
- GlycoLax should not be used for more than seven days unless a healthcare provider tells you to do so.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as recommended.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with GlycoLax, please talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist.