What You Need to Know About GlycoLax
When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind when using GlycoLax include the following:
- This medication comes as a powder. It is dissolved in four to eight ounces of liquid and swallowed by mouth usually once a day.
- GlycoLax powder can be mixed with any cold, hot, or room-temperature beverage, such as water, juice, coffee, or tea.
- Follow the directions on your individual GlycoLax product to determine how much powder to use. After adding the powder to a beverage, stir well until it completely dissolves.
- You can use this medication any time of day, in the morning or evening.
- It may take up to four days after you start using GlycoLax to have a bowel movement. Do not take more than the standard dosage if you do not have a bowel movement right away.
- GlycoLax should not be used for more than seven days unless a healthcare provider tells you to do so.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as recommended.
Dosing InformationThere is only one standard dosage for this medication. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click GlycoLax Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of GlycoLaxJust like any medicine, GlycoLax can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
If reactions do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects seen with GlycoLax include but are not limited to:
- Abdominal (stomach) bloating
- Abdominal (stomach) cramping
(Click GlycoLax Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)