General Information on Taking Polyethylene Glycol 3350
Some considerations to keep in mind while using polyethylene glycol 3350
include the following:
- This medication comes as a powder, which should be dissolved in four to eight ounces of liquid and swallowed by mouth. It is usually used once a day.
- Polyethylene glycol 3350 powder can be mixed with any cold, hot, or room-temperature beverage, such as water, juice, coffee, or tea.
- Follow the directions on your individual polyethylene glycol 3350 product to determine how much powder to use. After adding the powder to a beverage, stir well until the powder completely dissolves.
- You can use polyethylene glycol 3350 any time of the day, in the morning or evening.
- It may take up to four days after you start using this product to have a bowel movement. Do not take more than the standard polyethylene glycol 3350 dosage if you do not have a bowel movement right away.
- Polyethylene glycol 3350 should not be used for more than seven days unless a healthcare provider tells you to do so.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as recommended.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with polyethylene glycol 3350, please talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist.